welcome to my world of bicycle touring, touring bikes, and touring and camping gear...



Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A Salsa Fargo for me...

Way back at the start of the year I took the plunge and pressed the button on a Salsa Fargo 2 frame from HiBike in Germany, one of the few places where you can buy Salsa online. After a wait of some months, it arrived mid-April.

Zoom in (real dimensions: 1000 x 1000)Image

It's going to take a while as funds slowly trickle in, but the process of acquiring components for the build is under way, with the delivery this week of a pair of Stan's Notube ZTR Flow EX rims, a Hope Pro 2 Evo rear hub, a Shutter Precision PD-8X dynamo hub - all in 36 hole, and a Salsa Flip-Off skewer for the back wheel. These will shortly be going off to my wheel builder Steven Craft for assembly.

Meanwhile I'm thinking about having a radical clear out of all my current touring bikes and gear - to make room and to free up funds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment